The project specific objective is to promote apprenticeships by building partnerships between intermediary bodies, companies, VET providers, public authorities and social partners in project countries.
Apart from establishing partnerships between businesses, VET providers and intermediary organisations together with public authorities and social partners with the aim of getting more SMEs involved in apprenticeships; the project will enhance the awareness of the benefits of apprenticeships among target SMEs through the implementation of tailor made attractiveness campaigns.
Project specific objective will be attained through two main results:
1: Partnerships between businesses, VET providers and intermediary organisations together with public authorities and social partners are built and/or further strengthened with the aim of getting more SMEs involved in apprenticeships; and
2: Awareness of the benefits of apprenticeships enhanced among target SMEs through the implementation of tailor made attractiveness campaigns.
Main target group
The main target group are SMEs with no or limited experience in apprenticeships.
Main project activities
- Analyzing of country contexts, SMEs needs and European best practices in the field of apprenticeships
- Enhancing professional capacities of intermediary bodies/project partner organizations’ staff to support partnership building and promote apprenticeships to SMEs via training workshops, study visits and peer learning, and elaboration of SMEs Apprenticeship Guides;
- Organizing series of partnership building workshops, round-tables and meetings
- Developing partnership building Road Maps for Croatia, Slovakia and Serbia (UK partner with an advisory role)
- Preparing and signing Memoranda of Understanding underpinning the operation of Apprenticeship Partnership structures in Croatia, Slovakia and Serbia (UK partner with an advisory role)
- Implementing Apprenticeship Attractiveness Campaigns
- Introducing Help desk lines to assist SMEs to engage in apprenticeships
- Organizing info days for SMEs to promote apprenticeships
- Developing a “Trademark” for SMEs engaging in the provision of apprenticeships in Croatia, Slovakia and Serbia
- Organizing an International Conference in Zagreb to promote knowledge transfer, disseminate project work and promote the idea of a Danube Alliance of Apprenticeships